ADHS Archives

June 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"K. Austin Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 13:40:27 -0400
Time commitment:  I have spent hundreds of hours working on the Web pages.
(I do not mind; I am fascinated.)  Now that I know more about what I am
doing, I will have to spend less.  Some of those hours come in the evening
from home when I am tired and can do little else, and everything on tv is
either full of commercials or crummy or both (most evenings when Michael
Jordan is not playing!)

My department has promised that this summer someone on the secretarial staff
will be assigned to learn the routines for simple maintenance.  So far I
have had help from two wonderful graduate students, who have gathered
materials and done some typing.  But I am the only person in the Department
who knows the rudiments of HyperText Mark Up Language, what one uses to
construct a Web page.

I could probably get a Web page started in a couple of hours.  I could not
promise to devote time to maintaining it.

>Sender:       Alcohol and Temperance History Group <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       David M Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      Re: Setting Up an ATHG WWW Page:
>
>A World Wide Web site for SHAR/ATHG is a good idea.  It would enable
>material to be posted indefinitely, including listserv group
>archives.  There would be a good deal of work in setting up a WWW
>site.  The ATHG subscriber who can tell us what kind of time
>commitment is involved is former ATHG president Austin Kerr, who is
>responsible for Ohio State's history department "home page."
>
>David M. Fahey
>History Department
>Miami University
>Oxford, OH 45056-1618, USA
>tel. 513-529-5134
>FAX 513-529-3841
>e-mail: <[log in to unmask]>

K. Austin Kerr                   e-mail [log in to unmask]
Professor of History             office (614)292-2613
Ohio State University            department  292-2674
Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA         fax    (614)292-2282