ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 20:05:39 -0900
I am currently teaching a course at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks
called, The History of Substance Abuse in Alaska. There is much available
but it takes a good bit of digging to get it from old manuscripts etc.
If you are interested in words and their history read Stuart Flexner,
I Hear America Talking and other writings. If you want a wonderful
theory on the etiology of CD in the Native Alaskan read Harold
Napoleon's Yu'Ya"Raq: The Way of the Human Being.
Guy Patterson, in frozen Fairbanks