ADHS Archives

July 1997

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 15:30:56 -0400
I am interested in obtaining a video tape copy of the following films
(listed below) which aired last month on THE HISTORY CHANNEL.

Did anyone video tape these shows? If yes please e-mail me at:
Thank you, Steve

Saturday, June 7 Midnight - 1:00 AM Cops and Robbers

   Probe into the dirty businesses of bootlegging, Prohibition, and
   gambling with a chronicle of American criminals including Bluebeard,
   Jesse James,
   [TV G]

    June -Men in Crisis
   Wets vs. Drys: Prohibition: The Noble Experiment.
   Beginning in 1932, when the 21st Amendment passed repealing
   Prohibition, the program explores the history of the American
   temperance movement and the resulting social problems it caused:
   bootlegging, rise of the crime syndicates, and murder. [TV G]

   Thursday, June 19 11:00 PM - Midnight Year by Year
   1933.
   FDR tells a nation that there is "nothing to fear", including,
   apparently, sobriety, as Prohibition is repealed. Karen Stone hosts.
   [TV G]