ADHS Archives

June 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
JOSHUA A PADDISON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 13:30:27 -0700
Dear ATHG members,

I am a graduate student at San Francisco State University currently
finishing up an M.A. thesis on temperance and gender in northern
California, 1850-1900. I trace the evolution of temperance activism
through examinations of the Sons of Temperance, the Dashaway
Association, and the WCTU.

I have placed the first draft of my introductory chapter online at:

http://userwww.sfsu.edu/~jpad

It includes an historiographical overview that may be of interest to ATHG
members.

Your comments and suggestions are invited. I'll be turning in a final
version of the thesis in August.

Best wishes,

Joshua Paddison