ADHS Archives

November 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
lauren coodley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Nov 1996 22:00:15 -0700
>Sender:       Alcohol and Temperance History Group <[log in to unmask]>
>Poster:       "K. Austin Kerr" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:      The Ram's Horn
>
>I have borrowed some issues of The Ram's Horn from the Center for Research
>Libraries and an assistant has scanned some material from those issues.  The
>graphics in this magazine were widely copied by other publications; the
>artist, Frank Beard, was especially clever.
>
>You can find the alcohol materials at
>
>http://www.cohums.ohio-state.edu/history/projects/Ram's_Horn/views_of_the_sa
>loon.html
>
>K. Austin Kerr                   e-mail [log in to unmask]
>Professor of History             office (614)292-2613
>Ohio State University            department  292-2674
>Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA         fax    (614)292-2282

I am doing research on Upton Sinclair and his temperance work.  I am
interested in learning more about the movement in the early twentieth
century.  I have a copy of The Wet Parade, a film made in l93l based on his
novel, that is both a history of the temperance movement and a
justification for it.  If anyone has recommendations to make, or websites,
I'd appreciate hearing from you.
[log in to unmask] (Lauren Coodley)