ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 11:52:00 EST
WELCOME TO THE ALCOHOL & TEMPERANCE HISTORY GROUP LISTSERV GROUP (ATHG)!

Over sixty persons and organizations from eight countries have subscribed to
the ATHG listserv group in its first week.

ATHG is what is called an unmoderated listserv group.  What subscribers post is
send directly to everybody on the list.  As with all listserv groups ATHG must
depend for its viability on the quality and quantity of posts sent by its
subscribers.  I suggest that some of us begin by offering electronic introduc-
tions, telling others how are work relates to thec concerns of the ATHG.  As
with all posts, please provide a clear subject description and sign the post
with your name, institutional or other locational address, and email address.
I shall try to help the listserv group in its early days with numerous short
posts.  By the way, I am a beginner in this role of responsibility for a list-
serv group, so please forgive my errors.

David Fahey
History Department
Miami Univeristy
Oxford, Ohio 45056-1618
USA
Tel:(513) 529-5134
FAX: (513) 529-3841
Email: [log in to unmask]

PS:

Don't send posts (as messages are called) to LISTSERV@MIAMIU; instead send them
to [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Hope to hear from you!