ADHS Archives

June 1997

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Sara Glembocki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 1997 17:29:38 -0400
The Institute For Historical Documentary Filmmaking in Washington, D.C. is
searching for experts/historians/authors for on-camera interviews.

Our film is about Prohibition in New York City.  We need people to talk
about & evoke the "feeling" of the City during 1920-1933.  Specific
anecdotes & analysis of the city dwellers' changing attitudes toward
Prohibition, speakeasies, gangster/bootleggers, and people such as Dewey
would be extremely helpful.

Our story is from the point of view of the people of New York.  Dutch
Schultz & Thomas Dewey are used to represent two very distinct aspects of
Prohibition & the populace's opinion of it.

Please let us know if you are interested or know of another prospective
interview subject.  We are shooting interviews in the next couple of
weeks, so a speedy reply is much appreciated!

Thank you.

Sara Glembocki