ADHS Archives

February 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Richard F. Hamm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Feb 1995 18:13:52 -0500
You probably already know of these:  John C. Burnham, Bad Habits:
Drinking, Smoking, Taking Drugs, Gambling, Sexual Misbehavior, and Swearing
in American History (New York:  New York University Press, 199  and Robert
L. Rabin and Stephen D. Sugarman, editors, Smoking Policy:  Law, Politics
and Culture (New York:  Oxford University Press, 1993.  Their approaches
are very different and so are the sources they consulted, but they should
provide good views to frame your work and point to some useful materials.
I've not read them closely yet, but will soon as I have to write a joint
review on them and another work for the Journal of Policy History.

Richard F. Hamm
History Department
Ten Broeck 105
University at Albany, Suny