ADHS Archives

September 2009

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 10:46:11 -0400
About the same time that Jessica Warner published her book, Patrick
Dillon published his on the gin craze.

Didn't SHAD review a book on Dutch gin in West Africa recently?

An aspect of the "global history" of gin that intrigues me is how
vodka has largely displaced gin in mixed drinks.

This book seems analogous to the innumerable commodities histories
that have been popular of late.

--
David M. Fahey
Professor Emeritus of History