ADHS Archives

September 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Lange <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:16:36 -0700
Hi Folks,

I have a source from 1917 that mentions that the American Automobile
Association's contest board prohibited use of "liquors" by anyone associated
with a race, and refused to sanction races where alcohol was sold.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of confirmation of this policy and/or any
other details: when it was enacted and why it was enacted (safety concerns
v. political/moral).

Any help appreciated

Jim

James E. Lange, Ph.D.
Coordinator of AOD Initiatives-
Student Health Services
Adjunct Professor of Social Work, Psychology
San Diego State University
San Diego, CA 92182-4701
619-594-4133
Fax: 619-594-3639

=======================================

U.S. Department of Education's 20th Annual
National Meeting on Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse
and Violence Prevention in Higher Education

Creating Safe and Healthy Campuses:
Effective Strategies for Comprehensive Prevention
October 19-22, 2006 :: Hyatt Crystal City :: Arlington, Virginia

NM06 :: Pre-Conference Institutes
Please click on the link below for more information:
(or right click and save to your computer)

http://www2.edc.org/higheredcenter/natl/2006/NM06_Pre-Conference_Institutes.
pdf

http://AODWiki.org: The open source for substance abuse prevention
information.