ADHS Archives

July 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ron Roizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 12:09:21 -0700
Hmmm.  Did you count Catherine Gilbert Murdock's wonderful 1998 book,
_Domesticating Drink: Women, Men, and Alcohol in America, 1870-1940_ as
being "about the WCTU"?  It is, in part.  Doubtless the continuing
flourishing of gender studies has changed the place and significance of the
WCTU in historical scholarship -- perhaps making the movement more "a part"
of other stories than "a story" in and of itself.  Ron Roizen
UCSF