ADHS Archives

June 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 24 Jun 1996 09:54:27 EDT
The request for info about the belladonna cure spurs me to pursue a long-
standing curiosity:  are there any publications about Charles B. Towns?
It appears he was fairly influential in his relationships with Bill Wilson,
but all I have ever found is that he was an entrepreneur who moved about
in different endeavors, among which was Towns Hospital.  The isomorphism
with latter-day entrepreneurialism in alcoholism treatment is striking!
I'd appreciate any leads.  Paul Roman

Paul M. Roman
Institute for Behavioral Research
Center for Research on Deviance and Behavioral Health
University of Georgia, 102 Barrow Hall
Athens, GA 30602
706-542-6090, FAX 706-542-6064