ADHS Archives

August 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Aug 1996 06:50:56 EST
Yesterday I obtained a copy of David W. Gutzke's impressive annotated
bibliography, ALCOHOL IN THE BRITISH ISLES FROM ROMAN TIMES TO 1996 (Greenwood
Press), over 2200 historical studies (not primary sources) and mostly about
alcoholic beverages (with temperance a distant second place).  I hope that
United States historians see it as a challenge.  It would be wonderful to have
a comparable book for the American temperance movement and alcoholic drink.

       David Fahey (Miami) [log in to unmask]