ADHS Archives

September 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Gretchen Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 2006 16:10:13 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

As some of you might know, I'm writing my dissertation on the
anti-alcohol campaign in Mexico in the 1920s and 30s.  I'm examining it
on the national, state, and local levels.  I have found lots of great
comparative literature, but I've found that most people talk about
temperance movements from above (either from the point of view of
governments or of upper/middle class reformers).  Can anyone point me
to a body of literature from any region, any time period, that looks at
popular temperance movements?

Thanks,
Gretchen Pierce
Adjunct Instructor