ADHS Archives

August 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Aug 1996 08:13:46 EST
Recently I have made use of a quiet time on this listserv to send references
to recent publications (and an occasional dissertation) to subscribers.  Part
of my motive has been to encourage people to explore web sites for
bibliography.  To save my own time I put a request to a web bookstore called
Amazon that titles relevant to such topics as temperance and alcohol history
be forwarded to this listserv.  If this is a nuisance, I shall arrange for it
to be stopped.  I was a bit embarrassed that the first title so forwarded was
a forthcoming book of my own and that the message was packaged in a rathre
longwinded fashion and with the all too cute bookstore signature of "Eyes."

David Fahey (Miami) [log in to unmask]