ADHS Archives

April 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Brian S. Katcher" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 11:45:46 -0700
In addition to the wonderful links that Robin has suggested, she
might try looking at how the US National Library of Medicine defines
addiction-related terms, including alcoholism, for their Medical
Subject Headings (MeSH). MeSH are used in cataloging scientific
papers as they are published. This is a controlled vocabulary of more
than 19,000 subject headings. Their new version of PubMed has a nice
built-in MeSH browser:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov:80/entrez/meshbrowser.cgi
Brian