ADHS Archives

April 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim Baumohl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:36:50 -0400
hey, david.  thanks.  my knowledge of drinking habits in the old west is
limited largely to 19th-century california.  i commented extensively on a
draft of david's VIOLENT LAND, and while i don't always agree with him,
particularly his analysis of the present day, i like his treatment of the
history that i know.  i doubt i have anything significant to add.  my
latest historical work has been on the federal bureau of narcotics' role in
suppressing morphine maintenance in the states of california and washington
between 1920 and 1941.  jb