ADHS Archives

October 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Scott C. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:08:55 -0500
        This may also have to do with regionalism.  In Pennsylvania, for
instance, one goes to the "state store" to buy liquor.  Many people there
might simply not know what a package store is.  It is possible that
Lieberman was changing his vocabulary to fit (what he took to be) local
usage.

Scott C. Martin
Associate Professor
History Dept.