ADHS Archives

October 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Courtwright, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2004 14:43:52 -0400
I want to second Mark's view. Parssinen and co-author Kathryn Meyer's Webs of Smoke is an excellent book, and has implications for trafficking in drugs other than narcotics. The relationship between failed states and drug trafficking, which is central to the book, is highly relevant to what's going on in Colombia and Afghanistan now, even thought Meyer and Parssinen pretty much conclude their narrative with the Chinese Revolution.

David Courtwright