ADHS Archives

January 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"David M. Fahey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 17:56:54 -0500
May I invite suggestions for a temperance/drink bibliographical essay
commissioned by _Choice_, published by the Association of College and
Research Libraries?  The essay is intended to represent a core list on the
subject for undergraduate libraries and so should emphasize monographs
(especially recent ones which are in print) rather than dissertations or
journal articles.  The manuscript is due by the end of May 2000.  Some of
you may have a book in press about which I am ignorant.  Others may have a
favorite title to recommend or an argument why a particular book should be
included.  By the way, the essay will have a bibliography of 80 to 100
titles.  I don't plan to limit the essay geographically or chronologically
but won't include many business histories (brewing, distilling,
viticulture) unless you folks persuade me to do otherwise.

Anyone interested may reply either to the list (since others may be
curious) or privately.

David M. Fahey <[log in to unmask]>