ADHS Archives

February 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Peter Best <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:35:26 -0700
I am sorry to bother the group but I am having some troubles with a paper that I
am writing for a first year university history class.  The paper is on Why did
prohibition start in the US in 1920?  Describe different theories on the causes?

I have read a couple of books and been watching this news list group.  The only
theories that I can come up with are involving religion and the war effort.  I
started writing the paper and in 1.5 pages I was finish writing everything that
I knew about these two theories.  The paper has to be over 10 pages.  I hope
that some one in the group can either give me some more theories, expand on
these theories or pass me on to books that might give me some good ideas.

I am getting worried about the paper so please help me.

Thanks

Peter Best
Learning Student