ADHS Archives

July 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Sun, 7 Jul 1996 10:38:04 -0500
Recently, I saw a documentary on the research and creation of this beer.  It
was on either the Discover Channel or the Learning Channel.  They both run
several Egyptology series so unfortunately I can't remember which.   The
recreation of the brew was quite meticulous and the result were evidently
quite palatable.  Perhaps an enquiry to the website of either of the
channels might yield some information.

The NPR story is available via Real Audio at

http://cgi.realaudio.com/contentp/npr/nb6f23.html

The beer is to be made at Scottish & Newmarket Breweries and will be called
Tutankhamen Ale. It's an unfiltered wheat beer flavored with coriander.

There is an Eyptian beer receipe at

http://yahi.csustan.edu/~gcrawfor/beerfiles/egypt.html

The American Society of Brewing Chemists had an article on the Archaelogy of
Ancient Egyptian Beer. It is listed at

http://wwwnt.scisoc.org/asbc/pubs/journ/toc/jwint96.htm

Regards,

Dana White