ADHS Archives

November 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:03:13 -0500
[1000-word temperance movement article needed]

I am pleased to announce that Sage Publications, publisher of the
_Journal of Urban History_, has commissioned the _Encyclopedia of
American Urban History_.  I will serve as editor of the project,
assisted by an Advisory Board including Liz Cohen, Maureen Flanagan,
Tim Gilfoyle, Kenneth T. Jackson, Raymond A. Mohl, Becky Nicolaides,
Joe W. Trotter. Kathryn B. Wells serves as the Assistant Editor. The
two-volume work will contain 450 entries ranging from 500 to 2,500
words.  The work will be disseminated widely in academic and public
libraries and will serve as the basic reference tool for our field for
years to come.

Although we have secured contributors for a number of our entries, we
still have a good number that we are looking to assign as noted below.
Once you have signed up for an entry or entries (feel free to select
more than one), I will contact you concerning guidelines, contracts,
and other details concerning the project.

If you are interested in contributing, please contact David Goldfield
([log in to unmask] ) for full details of the project.

David Goldfield,
Editor, _Journal of Urban History_
Professor, Department of History