ADHS Archives

October 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 19:25:39 -0800
Can someone please tell me how America benefited from Prohibition?
Also, how is it progressive, when it flies in the very face of what
America was founded on----freedom of choice.
I find the subject fascinating, if not curious, particulary when learned
scholars like yourselves are so anxious 'to stand up and be
counted.'scoring 'brownie points along the way.'
You guys seem to be hell bent on praising what was not only an abysmal
failure in social terms, but the nearest thing America has come to with
the 'big brother'approach.
(abortion rights is the next)
Why is wine linked with nicotene?
Why is wine linked with firearms?
If you guys are so anxious to quote this and quote that,surely you can
spend some of that time providing simplistic answers to the above
questions.
Now I am all ears.
Martin Platts h.c.i.m.a.

I would appreciate one or more of you guys to explain to me why you
never advocate social responsibilty in discussion, but glorify on some
half-baked effort Act that closed hundereds of wineries