ADHS Archives

April 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dan Malleck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:53:44 -0400
Two quick questions.
Does anyone know how I can get my hands on a copy of Bill White's _Slaying
the Dragon_ relatively quickly?  I ordered it last year from Chapters.ca (a
Canadian online bookseller) but it never arrived.  Now I find that the
status of it at Chapters and at Amazon is ... it's gonna take a while.
(Ironically, I went the internet route because it's generally faster)

Second (related) question: An undergraduate friend of mine is writing a
final term paper on addiction, and her supervisor asked her to get into
definitions of addiction (social and scientific)  I know that White's book
covers that, if the paper that he presented in Philadelphia in 1998 is any
indication.  I've dug up a few other relevant papers for my friend.  If
anyone has any suggestions for her, please let me know.

Thanks.

Dan M.
Dan Malleck, Ph.D.
Department of Community Health Sciences
Brock University
St. Catharines, Ontario

Man occasionally stumbles on the truth, but then just picks himself up
and hurries on.
                --anon