ADHS Archives

March 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Sarah W. Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 10:30:51 -0600
Dear ATHG Listserv Members:

Thanks to David Fahey for mentioning ALTERING AMERICAN CONSCIOUSNESS.
Production of the volume is one month behind schedule, so it is due to come
out at the end of March.

Caroline Acker and I edited this collection of essays with an eye toward
its adoption in courses on the history of alcohol and drug use in America.
In addition to the fine essays in the volume, we have included both a
comprehensive introduction to the field of alcohol and drug studies and a
selected bibliography for readers interested in pursuing areas in more
depth. The volume has been a long time in the making, but we hope that you
will find it worth the wait.

If you are interested, please take a look at blurb in the UMass Press
catalog: http://www.umass.edu/umpress/fall_03/tracy_acker.html .

Thanks very much!

Sarah Tracy

At 09:58 AM 3/3/2004, you wrote:
>Last month (February 2004) the University of Massachusetts Press published
>Altering American Consciousness: Essays on the History of Alcohol and Drug
>Use in the United States, 1800-2000, edited by Caroline Jean Acker and
>Sarah W. Tracy (ISBN 1558494243).  There is also a paperback edition.

*********************
Sarah Tracy, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, History of Medicine
Director, Medical Humanities Program
Honors College and College of Medicine
University of Oklahoma
1300 Asp Avenue