ADHS Archives

October 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:46:19 -0500
FOREIGN-LANGUAGE TEMPERANCE MATERIALS: FREE TO GOOD HOME

The Rutgers Univesity Center of Alcohol Studies has a large collection of
unprocessed foreign-language temperance materials that we would like to donate
to an interested scholar or organization.  These materials were collected by
the Anti-Saloon League between 1900 and 1934 and were donated to our Center in
1982.  Unfortunately, we have never had sufficient staff, funds, or space to
process these materials to make them available for scholarly research.  Since
we are losing our on-campus storage space in December, we must find a new home
for these items ASAP.

There are 65 boxes of materials that include books, pamphlets, and periodicals
(bound and unbound).  Predominant languages are German, French, Swedish, and
Spanish, but other languages include Russian, Estonian, Serbian, Bulgarian, and
Japanese.  There is no title list or container list.

If interested, please contact Penny Page for more details.  We would like to
move these materials by Thanksgiving, but we can possibly arrange to hold for
longer if requested by a potential recipient.
--
Penny Page
Center of Alcohol Studies