ADHS Archives

December 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ron Roizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 14:57:44 -0800
My net server may have entered the twilight zone.  Early yesterday
morning I posted a mult-point response to Maria's "alcohol and gender"
thread/question.  In the afternoon David Duncan responded to my post.
As it happens, I never actually saw my own post in my email in-box,
which suggests of course that my post WAS successfully posted elsewhere
but never made it back, via my own server, to me.  My original post has
STILL not made it back to me.  Today, mail from ATHG has been very
restricted and (get this!) at times moving backwards in time--I got an
email dated 7 Dec early this morn, and then later emails were dated 6
Dec or even 5 Dec.  All of which makes me suspect that the Netcom
server (my net service) may have been (once again) overwhelmed with
electronic traffic but ADDICT-L may be functioning properly for all
non-Netcom ADDICT-Lers--Why else would David get my post when I didn't?
If I'm right that ADDICT-L is function okay today, would somebody be so
very kind as to email me of that fact?!  Thanks very much!  Ron at