ADHS Archives

October 1999

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Austin Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 12:53:39 -0400
I received the following e mail message just now, but do not know the
answer without doing research for the inquirer, which I ordinarily do not do.

I am wondering if a subscriber knows the answer.  If you do , please do let
me know.

Austin Kerr

I have been given your e-mail address by the History Department at OSU. I
am needing to know if you can direct me to some specific information on the
"American Society for the Promotion of Temperance?" I have found many
different names that are close to this, but none that are specifically
labeled exactly like this. Can you give me some assistance? I am needing to
the know the root of this society, i.e. where it originated, what its
founding purpose was, founding leader(s), as well if the name has been
changed through the years, what it would be now and where it is
headquartered at this time. I am needing this information no later than
Monday, November 29th if possible, but would appreciate anything you could
give me to get me started even today. Thank you so much for your
assistance. You may e-mail me at [log in to unmask] or you may phone me at
316-662-0537 or fax 316-669-9426.
Thank you - Betty George

K. Austin Kerr
http://people.history.ohio-state.edu/kerr.htm
Professor of History at Ohio State University
Columbus, OH 43210
Voice: 614-292-2613
Fax:   614-292-2282