ADHS Archives

December 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jessica Warner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Dec 1995 11:18:37 -0500
** High Priority **

I'm attempting to develop a model for estimating levels of
alcohol-consumption during the so-called "gin epidemic" of 1720-1751. In
particular, I would like to be able to do a very rough estimate of sales of
distilled spirits in the black market. It seems to me that most of the
methods out there suffer from not considering the price of basic
foodstuffs, availability of employment, and willingness to work, all of
which would be important indicators of poorer household's disposable
income. Does anyone have any ideas or pointers?

Thanks very much!

Jessica Warner
Addiction Research Foundation
33 Russell Street