ADHS Archives

November 2005

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cheryl Warsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:42:12 -0800
Hi there.
I wrote an article on the Keeley Gold Cure in Canada entitled, "Adventures in Maritime Quackery," which was published in Acadiensis in the late 80's. I recall that Dr. Stephen Lett, superintendent of the (private) Homewood Retreat, devised his own formula of bicholoride of gold, because, as he stated, "the patients will have their gold cure," and alcoholics were a significant portion of his clientele.

Cheers, Cheryl Krasnick Warsh, Malaspina University College, Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada