ADHS Archives

October 2000

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jon Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:50:07 -0500
Dear ATHG members in Britain,

The next SHAR contains our usual warnings against paying dues with
checks drawn on foreign banks in foreign currency. I just spoke with
our new bank, however, and they promise to accept such deposits at
their posted exchange rate -- currently US$1.41 per British pound. No
exorbitant fees. If it is more convenient to send your dues payment
with your British check in British pounds from a British bank, we
will accept a payment of 14.18 pounds for individuals (US$20) or
17.73 pounds for institutions (US$25). The exchange rate will vary,
but we will accept this amount from British members through the end
of the year. (However, if the dollar weakens significantly, we'll
accept less if you write and inquire first.)

If you are (or would like to be) an ATHG member, live overseas but
not in the UK, and would like to send payment in your own currency,
please write me and I will call the bank again and see if we can't
arrange to accept your check.

The cost of membership in the Alcohol and Temperance History Group
remains the same, namely, US$15 per year for individuals in North
America, US$20 per year for individuals overseas, and US$25 per year
for institutions and libraries. A subscription to The Social History
of Alcohol Review comes with your membership.

Thank you,
Jon