ADHS Archives

March 2005

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ernest Kurtz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:04:52 -0500
Hi Ron,

Sure sounds interesting.  Can you get there?  My disability still very
much inhibits travel, especially if we cannot drive.  We are finding
retirement in the present economy not nearly as comfortable as we had
reasonably hoped.  I am doing too much for free -- appraising papers for
Brown, e,g.  Linda is going back to teach once course as an adjunct in
the Fall.  Not strictly necessary, but I think she is bored in this
season when her garden is not reachable.

Turbo was put to sleep in August, as I trust I wrote you.  We now have a
dog from Rescue whom we first fostered, then (Linda) decided to keep.  A
real Heinz, but seems to have a lot of chow in him, with all their
disagreeable traits.

With the dog, we will probably not try to drive across the country this
summer, but I am still hoping for a try at it.  Sure would be good to
see you again -- and probably stay up all night arguing.  Though I think
I have mellowed.  Under the present administration, what other choice is
there?  Abe Twerski still puts out good stuff at 74:  I am laughing my
way through his latest mss.

ernie