ADHS Archives

June 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Gutzke David W <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 1995 18:59:47 -0500
Having followed the interesting commentary on Brian Harrison's Drink and
the Victorians (1971), I am delighted to report that in my capacity as
review editor for the Social History of Alcohol Review I have obtained a
review copy from Keele University Press.  It has a lengthy introduction
written for the second edition.  I am in the process of arranging for a
reviewer.  Our next issue goes to press within weeks, so the review will
appear later this summer.  It will be interesting to see how the study of
drink looks from the perspectives of 1971 and 1994.

        David W. Gutzke
        Department of History
        SW MO State Univ.
        Springfield, MO  65804