ADHS Archives

September 1999

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Sarah C. Hand" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 14:37:43 -0400
Dear all,

Could I add my dissertation to this list?  The information is:

Dissertator:  Hand, Sarah
Department: History, UVA
Dissertation Title:  "They Will Be Adjudged By Their Drinke":  Alcohol,
Gender, and Race in the Early Chesapeake

Thank you!

Sarah Hand

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, David Fahey wrote:

> Hope this is better:
>
>  Dissertater: DELEO, Sheryl
>  Department: Grad. Sch., CUNY
>  Dissertation title: "Temperance Movements in the Rural Communities of New
> York's Hudson
>  River Valley, 1790-1860"
>

>  Dissertater: DORN, Elizabeth A.
>  Department: Hawaii, Manoa
>  Dissertation title: "The Japan Woman's Christian Temperance Union and
> Social Reform in Meiji
>  Japan"
>

>  Dissertater: DUNLAP, Leslie
>  Department: Northwestern
>  Dissertation title: "Remapping the Route between Domesticity and Politics:
> The Women's Christian
>  Temperance Union in Georgia and Ohio, 1873-1933"
>

>  Dissertater: WARDER, Graham
>  Department: Massachusetts
>  Dissertation title: "Selling Sobriety: Temperance and Commercial Culture
> in Antebellum American

Sarah C. Hand

Ph.D. Candidate                 Special Assistant to the Director
Dept. of History                The Women's Center
University of Virginia          University of Virginia