ADHS Archives

March 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Evan Peter Haefeli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 1995 18:48:45 -0500
I am currently working on a paper on colonial North American liquor laws
regulating (or attempting to regulate) the sale of liquor to Indians,
especially in the colonies of New France, New Netherlands, New York, and
Ne England. Can anybody offer some suggestions on literature on American
Indians and alcohol and the relationship between alcohol and colonialism
anywhere (I'm interested in developing some sort of comaprative perspective).

Thanks!

Evan Haefeli
Department of History
Princeton University