ADHS Archives

December 2010

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Trippel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:46:03 -0600
In Dr. Martin Gumpert's book "Heil Hunger", translated from the
German in 1940 by Alliance Book Corp., Longmans, Green and Co., New
York, there is a nine page chapter titled "Drunkenness In Germany".
Gumpert shows how abstinent Hitler could control alcohol, but instead
of lessening it, he allowed expanded production which "now drives the
people at whose head he stands into a fatal alcoholism:  this is one
of the darkest adventures of the Third Reich, for which the
instigators will someday have to render account". (end of chapter on
page 41)

Dave Trippel