ADHS Archives

December 2006

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 22:13:19 -0500
In the early 1920s both the USA and the Soviets had forms of state
prohibition while Gandhi called for prohibition in India.  A few of
the leaders in Mexico's revolutionary government favored prohibition
too.  In other countries less drastic restrictions on the sale of
alcohol became law or at least were discussed.