ADHS Archives

January 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 08:35:52 EST
I hope to organize a session to propose for the American Historical Association
meeting in New York City in January 1997.  The deadline is a few weeks away.
USA-presenters   need to be members of the AHA at the time of the convention.
My own paper tentatively will look at the rise and fall of prohibition as a
method of temperance reform in English politics, ca. 1891-1908.  The obvious
contrast is with the situation in the United States and other English-speaking
countries where some form of prohibition flourished in the early 1900s.  It
makes sense to have a cross-national panel.  I presume that there would be two
or three papers.   May I ask anybody interested to post me at my email address
and not through the listserv group?

David Fahey (Miami Univ.) [log in to unmask]