ADHS Archives

December 1998

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
jon s miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Dec 1998 15:27:58 -0600
Aaron,

If you'd like to use the James Black collection, I recommend you write to
their special collections beforehand.  I had a free day in NYC and dropped
by to discover that the librarians on duty had no idea what it was, or
where it was kept, or how I could access it.  This was particularly true
in the annex library where it is stored.  After some patient insisting, I
finally convinced a librarian of its existence, and we eventually found
record of it.  I learned if I wanted to see anything from it, I would have
to submit a request in the main library and wait 2-3 days for it to be
retrieved and transported from the annex.

It sounds as though Dr. Fahey achieved a better arrangement.  Maybe he
could provide better advice than mine.  Before I left the library, I did
manage to secure this address:

Wayne Furman
New York Public Library Center for the Humanities
Special Collections
476 5th Avenue, Room 316
New York, New York  10018

Perhaps if you wrote to Mr. Furman, you could make more convenient
arrangements.

Jon Miller
University of Iowa