ADHS Archives

April 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:55:29 -0400
Since the period 1918-1929 is important for the story of the American
temperance movement and national prohibition, ATHGers may want to consider
contributing to this reference work.
****

CALL FOR CONTRIBUTORS

Encyclopedia of the Jazz Age: 1918-1929

M.E. Sharpe, a New York-based academic and reference publisher, and East
River Books, a reference book producer, are seeking contributing scholars
for a two-volume illustrated reference work on the history of the Jazz Age
in America, from 1918 to 1929. The project is aimed at the academic high
school and undergraduate levels. The General Editor is Dr. James Ciment.
The encyclopedia will include articles on politics and government;
business, economy and labor; family, community, and society; consumer and
popular culture; and foreign affairs. There will be entries on individuals,
places, ideas, events, institutions, and general themes. Articles will vary
in length from 750-4,000 (depending on significance of topic).

We are seeking contributors for articles and ancillary materials.
Contributors will receive full authorial credit, a modest cash honorarium
and/or copy of the full encyclopedia set (depending on contribution length
and contributor preference).

If you are interested in contributing to this exciting and important
reference project--one we hope will be the definitive reference work on
Jazz Age America--we would be happy to email you a prospectus with a full
description of the project--with deadline, compensation, and other
pertinent information, including a table of contents. Please contact the
encyclopedia editorial assistant, Rebecca Black, at: [log in to unmask]

If you cannot contribute, please feel free to forward this notice to any
potentially interested scholars (either professors, graduate students, or
qualified independent scholars).

Sincerely,

Rebecca Black

[]
  Rebecca Black, Editorial Assistant
Encyclopedia of the Jazz Age

Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]