ADHS Archives

June 2001

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jon Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 16:15:44 -0400
Dear ATHG members,

Here is the table of contents for our most recent issue. It went in
the mail about two weeks ago, so if you have not received your copy
yet, please send me an email off-list ([log in to unmask]) and I will
make sure you receive your copy. About a dozen issues were returned
because members have moved, I am doing my best to track down these
lost souls and get them their current issue.

The Social History of Alcohol Review
15:1-2 (Fall/Winter 2000)
Old nos. 40-41

What's New * 5

Reflection Essay
My Way to the Café: A Topic for All Seasons
W. Scott Haine * 10

Essays
Drink-Related Songs in the British Isles
David Ingle * 20
Jessie Forsyth, Good Templar:
Family Records from Western Australia
David M. Fahey * 28

Symposium Response
A Reply to the ATHG Symposium on
Drink: A Social History / Andrew Barr * 33

Book Reviews
Virginia Berridge, Opium and the People: Opiate Use and Drug Control
Policy in Nineteenth and Early Twentieth Century England / Padma
Manian * 39
Christine Clarke, The British Malting Industry Since 1830 / Raymond
G. Anderson * 44
Jim Blount, Little Chicago: A History of the Prohibition Era in
Hamilton! and Butler County, Ohio / David M. Fahey * 51

Bibliography
Current Literature * 53

-- Jon

--
Jon Miller
Co-editor, The Social History of Alcohol Review