ADHS Archives

June 1995

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ron Roizen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 11:10:46 -0700
K. Austin Kerr wrote:
>Time commitment:  I have spent hundreds of hours working on the Web
pages.
>(I do not mind; I am fascinated.)  Now that I know more about what I
am
>doing, I will have to spend less.  Some of those hours come in the
evening
>from home when I am tired and can do little else, and everything on tv
is
>either full of commercials or crummy or both (most evenings when
Michael
>Jordan is not playing!)

Sounds great, Austin!  But--and even though Jordan and the Bulls didn't
make it into the NBA finals (i.e., giving you more free time for this
work)--it also sounds like you've already done much more than your fair
share of community service work on WWW pages.  Might there be any other
volunteers out there who'd be willing to learn-by-doing?

(I'd volunteer myself but I don't have a university affiliation [so, no
server to use]--BTW, anybody who can solve THAT problem should get in
touch with me immediately!)

Re additional uses for the WWW Page:  (a) Could we put SHAR issues
themselves on it?  (b) A booklist of books authored by ATHG members.
(c) An e-mail address for communications and for submitting new
citations & abstracts to SHAR's regional editors.  (d) A really nice
little essay on the importance of remembering and understanding history
in a passion-filled issue arena such as alcohol.  (e) A section on
"current history."

Ron Roizen in Berkeley