ADHS Archives

May 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Megan Smitley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 May 2004 14:53:58 +0100
Dear All,
I am a researcher working in the UK and I am currently preparing a
conference paper on Scoto-American connections in the WCTU, c1870-1914.  I
have read 'Mother' Stewart's book The Crusader in Great Britain
(Springfield, OH: The New Era Comapny,1893).  I am interested to find out
more about this publication.  It is clear that Stewart consulted her
collection of letters and newsclipping when preparing this book.  However,
it is less clear from the text if she kept a journal during her 1876 trip
that she then used when writing many years later.  I would appreciate any
insights from folk who have had the opportunity to consult archival material
in the US re. 'Mother' Stewart.  Likewise, any citations to literature on
her and her writings would be helpful.
Best,
Megan

Dr Megan Smitley