ADHS Archives

October 1999

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:13:29 -0700
To the Alcohol and Temperance History Group:

It has come to our attention that a complaint has been circulated
regarding an order for the volume entitled The Changing Face of Drink:
Substance, Imagery, and Behaviour, edited by Jack S. Blocker and Cheryl
Krasnick Warsh and published by Les Publications Histoire sociale -
Social History Inc. The order pertained to 40 books required for a
course at the University of Florida.

Please note that Histoire sociale - Social History received no such
order in July. The order was placed by Gator Textbooks in Gainesville by
telephone on September 13, 1999. The books were shipped from the
University of Ottawa mailroom on October 5. On October 25, we learned
that the shipment had been damaged en route, and was waiting at a bulk
mailing centre in New Jersey to be claimed. We therefore sent a second
shipment to Gator Textbooks and requested that the original order be
rerouted back to us.

We trust that this information will be of interest to members of the
Alcohol and Temperance History Group, and request that it be circulated
accordingly. We are indeed pleased that this volume has received
recognition in the form of course adoptions at several universities, and
we look forward to filling future orders.

Valerie Kremer
editorial coordinator
for
Chad Gaffield and Gordon Darroch
Codirectors, Les publications Histoire sociale - Social History Inc.

Histoire sociale - Social History
155 Seraphin-Marion
University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Ontario