ADHS Archives

October 1997

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mac Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 22:09:56 -0500
Dear Thayne,

You're certainly entitled to your opinion but there is a large and
consistent record in the contact literature that makes clear that anything
most of us would recognize as and call an alcoholic beverage was absent in
Native North America (absent the one small area I mentioned), and likewise
throughout the Pacific Islands.  I have this image of Leif Erickson and his
crew positively FALLING upon the grape vines that they ostensibly found...

Mac