ADHS Archives

November 2010

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Trippel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:46:07 -0600
Funny you would say that.

I was already thinking we could set up a lottery of 400 tickets at
$10 each and sell them through the listserve.  But first we would
decide which of say ten publicly accessible archives should receive
the book, and each ticket would have the purchasers archive of
preference written on it.  Then when all the tickets are sold we buy
the book and draw tickets out of the box to see which archive gets
the book for the first year, second year, third year, and so on. Or
just draw for one location with the stipulation that it will be
shipped to other archival locations for research.  Or make sure the
receiving archive agrees to take it publicly digital like the U of
Michigan does with a lot of stuff.

In any case, I apologize for my ignorance on how institutions of
higher learning decide to acquire and proprietize such items.

Dave Trippel