ADHS Archives

March 2004

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
James Ivy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 06:56:26 -0600
Ms. Pierce,
You will find the microfilm edition of the Ohio Historical Society-Michigan
Historical Collection Temperance and Prohibition Papers, which includes the
WCTU, the ASL and other organizations, useful, although it is particularly
rich in material from periods earlier than those you are investigating.
There are several copies out there at various libraries, many available
through interlibrary loan.  I'd also suggest looking for accounts of the
Mexican campaigns in U.S. newspapers in border states.  The "missionary"
activities of the WCTU were often reported, sympathetically or otherwise.
James Ivy
San Antonio College