ADHS Archives

March 2005

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
David Fahey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:06:36 -0500
Good point, Ernie.  I just read a news article that called caffeine "the
world's most popular psychoactive drug."  Are we weakening the meaning of
the word drug when we apply it to a bottle of Coke, a glass of iced tea,
and a cup of expresso?  There is the further complication that the word
drug is used for medicines, both prescription and over the counter.  I am
told that lipitor (my nightly pill) is the most prescribed drug in the
world.  Should I expect the ADHS to study cholesterol-lowering medication?

David Fahey