ADHS Archives

June 1996

ADHS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Richard F. Hamm" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 1996 15:36:22 -0500
Do any of you know what the Keeley cure is?  I should know this but don't,
and couldn't find in it my collection of books on liquor and temperance.  I
came across the term in a press accounts of aVirginia murder trial in 1907.
Reporters wrote that the defendant had taken the Keeley cure in the 1890s
to stop his binging and constant consumption of alcohol.  Any information
or citations would be very helpful.

Richard Hamm